This a delicious cake that always gets comments on how yummy it is! Its light, flavorful, and works beautifully with the coconut oil option.
Mix until fluffy:
- 1 cup softened butter ( can sub for solid coconut oil for Dairy free)
- 1 cup sugar
Add and mix well:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (can sub for Dairy Free Milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract (this could be any other extract – or omit)
- Zest of ½ lemon (optional)
Mix in separate bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups Muffin and More mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Generously grease and gently dust with Muffin and More cake pan, Bundt or whatever dish you are using. This cake can get a little sticky! If you are not using a Bundt pan, lining with parchment will ensure no sticking and make for easy clean up!
- Gently add flour mixture to mixed wet ingredients and fold to incorporate.
- Pour batter into whichever pan you are using.
- Bake at 300 for 15 mins. Turn oven up to 325 and bake for an additional 25-35 mins or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
*especially if you’re using a Bundt pan let it cool completely (about 1 hr.) before removing.
Top with fresh fruit, whip cream, fruit sauce, or nothing at all! This comes out beautifully with the dairy free options!