● 3 eggs
● ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
● ⅓ cup ricotta
● 1 cup milk
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 2 lemons, zested and juiced
● 1 tbsp sugar
● ½ tbsp poppy seeds
● 2 cups Josie’s Best Pancake Mix
● 1 cup heavy whipping cream
● 2 tbsp powdered sugar
● ½ tsp vanilla
● Lemon zest – optional
● Honey drizzle – optional
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, ricotta, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and sugar.
2. Once combined, whisk in the poppy seeds and pancake mix until the batter is smooth.
3. Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Once hot, add ¼ cup of pancake batter to the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for about 2 minutes or until the top of the pancake has bubbles around the edges. Carefully flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4. Make the whipped cream by using an electric mixer to whip the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until stiff peaks form.
5. Top the pancakes with the whipped cream and more lemon zest if desired. For extra sweetness, add a little honey drizzle.