Gluten Free Apple Tart
This Gluten Free Apple Tart recipe is delicious and completely not fussy! Everything goes right into your baking dish and the spices really make the apples pop! We used some delicious honey crisp apples from our friends Grow with us PNW, a local apple grower! Apple desserts are my favorite and this gluten free recipe is no exception, a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving day menu!
Enjoy! ~ Josie
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It uses our beloved gluten free pie crust recipe that uses our certified gluten free all purpose blend, the Muffin & More mix.
- A few easy cutting techniques and placing the apples at different angles make this dessert a real stunner!
- The sugar and spice mixture gets dumped right on top of the apples, and butter on top of that- EASY!
1 prepared and chilled JBGF gluten free pie crust- click here for recipe
6 firm, tart apples
1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, cardamom, and ground clove
1 tsp vanilla – click here to try our favorite!
4 TBS salted butter
- Pre heat your oven to 350F
- Make and chill the gluten free pie crust per our instructions. Roll it out and place it in your tart pan. The crust should come up just to the edge of the pan. Cut it off if you need to, nothing more necessary for this recipe!
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to core all of the apples. Slice 4 of the apples in half and then, keeping the flat side down, slice them into 4 pieces. Keeping the pieces together, place them onto the crust at different angles.
- Chop the other 2 apples into chunks and use them to fill in any gaps between the halved and sliced apples.
- Mix the sugar, vanilla, and all the spices together well Dump it on top of the apples – press down gently.
- Cut the butter in to 1/2 TBS pieces and place a piece on top of each halved apple.
- Bake your tart for about 40 mins. until the juices are bubbling. Allow to cool and enjoy!