These gluten free Lemon Lime Bars have it all. In this easy recipe, we use Josie’s Best Gluten Free Muffin and More Mix, Lemon and Lime Zest, coconut oil and a top it off with powder sugar to create a delicious bite. We can’t forget to mention the perfect balance of that sweet, soft and fluffy center—it’s simply the best!
Dairy Free Shortbread crust
- 1 cup room temp (not melted) coconut oil (yes this can be butter if you don’t need to do dairy free)
- ½ cup sugar
- Zest of ½ a lime and ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups Muffin and More mix
Lemon Lime filling
- Juice of 3 limes & 2 lemons (this gave me about ¾ a cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of the other halves of 1 lime and 1 lemon
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup Muffin and More mix
Pre heat oven to 325 and line a 9 X 11 pan with parchment paper.
For the crust:
- Mix the coconut oil, zest, and sugar. Add Muffin and More mix, salt and combine until fully incorporated and comes cleanly off the sides of your bowl.
- Press evenly into your pan. NOTE: It will seem VERY dry but the coconut oil melts and creates plenty of moisture.
- Bake for about 20 mins until just barely starting to turn brown. The crust will be soft when it comes out and that’s ok! Allow to cool while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Mix the juice, zest, and sugar. Adjust sweetness to your preference. Add eggs, Muffin and More mix and whisk well.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and filling is set, not jiggly in the middle.
- Allow cooling in the pan for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with powdered sugar and slice into bars. Should be served chilled. Enjoy!