Gluten Free Donut Loaf Recipe
SERVINGS 1 LOAF
PREP TIME 30 MINUTES
COOK TIME 40 MINUTES
PASSIVE TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 ½ cup Josie’s Best GF Muffin and More Mix
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ room temp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup plain full fat yogurt
- 2 TBS Water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp Red Beet Powder (this could also be maple syrup or Molasses – using it to color the swirls)
- For Topping (Optional)
- 4 TBS melted butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
Pre Heat oven to 350
- Beat oil, butter, sugar, well – about 2 mins
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 1 min.
- In separate bowl mix muffin and more mix , baking powder, and salt
- Slowly add dry to wet mixing thoroughly.
- Add yogurt and water to the mixture and mix well; should be a thick, smooth batter.
- Take about 1/3 cup of the batter and put it in a separate bowl.
- Add cinnamon and Beet Powder (or maple syrup or Molasses) and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment (I used a 8.5 by 4.5 loaf pan)
- Put about ½ of the plain batter in the loaf pan. Place about ½ of the colored batter in dollops on top of the plain batter.
- Add the remaining batter on top. Dollop the remaining colored batter on top of that.
- Using a butter knife swirl your batter by placing the knife at one end of the batter and dragging it side to side (short ways) and then side to side (long ways).
- Cook for about 40 mins. Start checking after 30 mins. It’s done when slightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool for about 10 mins. Remove from loaf pan.
- Using a brush “baste” the loaf with the melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Allow to cool to room temp before slicing.
- Modified recipe from the original (full gluten) recipe is from Lauren’s Latest.