Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Gluten Free Pizza crust was probably our most requested recipe for quite a long time. I spent a lot of time on different variations of this recipe; our family has a “pizza movie night” every Friday and for several months every Friday was a new pizza crust to taste! We took votes and shared (a lot) with friends and landed on the recipe you see below as the winner!
The flavor profile of the spices added are my preference but you can certainly adjust them to your taste. This crust holds up very well with lots of toppings so load it up with all of our favorites! This pizza crust is easy to roll out using the parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment on hand, make sure the top of the dough is WELL dusted with our Muffin and More mix as well and the rolling pin before rolling out. Alternatively, you can press it out with your hands.
You can make this as a rectangle, baked on a cookie sheet, we’ve also done small personal size and also baked it on the pizza stone. Make sure your oven is hot when you put it in the oven and enjoy our favorite gluten free pizza crust Josie
If you need to use a dairy free cheese this is our favorite (note we can not tolerate tree nuts so, this is also tree nut free): Violife Cheese
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp Italian herbs*
*You can certainly adjust seasonings to taste!
¾ cup warm water
2 TBSP oil of choice (Olive oil is recommended)
1 tsp yeast (note one packet is about 2 tsp)
1. Mix Muffin & More, sugar, salt, garlic powder and spices well.
2. Sprinkle yeast on top, add warm water and oil. Mix well. The dough should easily pull off of the sides of your bowl and form into a ball. If the batter is too dry to form into a ball add 1 TBS water at a time to hydrate the dough more.
3. Cover with plastic wrap or damp dish cloth and let rise for 1-4 hrs.
4. When ready to cook, Preheat the oven to 425.
5. Roll out Pizza dough to ¼ – 1/8 inch thickness between two sheets of parchment.
6. Remove the top sheet of parchment and place the dough and bottom sheet of parchment on a cookie sheet or pizza stone.
7. Top generously with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings!
8. Bake for 20-25 mins until the edges are just starting to brown and cheese is hot and bubbly.
Parchment is highly recommended.
If you like a thinner pizza roll it out thinner and then reduce your cook time by about 5 mins.
We recommend reheating leftovers in the oven under the broiler.