This bread never makes it to the next day…. it gets eaten up! It is just so yummy and simple, everyone raves about it! This is a no knead bread with a faster rise, it really tastes like sourdough bread but does not require a starter. All with Josie’s Best Gluten Free Muffin and More Mix.
- 3 cups Muffin and More mix (our 18oz bags are just a tad over 3 cups so one bag will make one loaf + a little extra flour leftover)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar (any kind is fine)
- 1 packet yeast (rapid rise or regular is fine ** not all yeast is GF so check!)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups very warm water.
- Oven safe pot or Dutch oven with a lid.
Make the dough:
- Whisk together Muffin and More, salt, sugar, and yeast
- Turn your tap on to make the water covid19 handwashing hot
- Add water and vinegar
- Mix with a spatula until just barely mixed- a little lumpy is normal / good.
Let it rise
- Soak a paper towel in water and place directly on top of the dough
- Cover the bowl in plastic wrap or with a wet dish towel.
- Put in a warm area and leave it alone for about 4-5 hrs.
- ** I usually make this around lunch time and its ready for dinner**
- Preheat oven to 425
- Put an oven safe pot or Dutch oven (I’ve used both and both are fine) in the oven while it preheats.
- Put a large square of parchment on the counter, remove paper towel and pour dough out on it.
- Cover with paper towel again.
- Once oven is preheated remove the HOT pot and place parchment with dough on it in the pot. Add the lid and bake for about 40 mins .
- After 40 mins remove the lid and bake for another 15-20 until the top is crusty and gives a hollow sound when you tap on it.
- Remove from the oven and allow to (mostly) cool before slicing.
- ** I like to remove my bread for the top off portion of the cook and place it on a cookie sheet. It creates a little more even crust but you don’t have to
- ** if you are in a humid area you don’t’ need to do the wet paper towel.