This is a family favorite recipe! There’s a lot of reasons to love this gluten free bread but here are my top five:
- It’s really easy to make, requires no kneading, and you probably have all the ingredients already.
- There is only an hour rise- you can throw this together pretty darn fast!
- Soooo good dipped in olive oil and vinegar like, SO GOOD. Absorbs perfectly!
- You can add any herbs you want on top & finish with some flakey sea salt.
- Makes a great gluten free hamburger bun- holds up beautifully!
3 cups Josie’s Best GF Muffin & More Mix
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast
2 cups very warm water, I usually aim for 105F (which is about a hot tub temp for reference)
1 TBSP olive oil + 2 TBSP more of the pan
1 TBS cornmeal (optional)
Mix the Muffin & More Mix, salt, sugar, and yeast (note: proof your yeast if you’re not sure it is fresh!)
Add water and mix to form a loose dough/batter
Evenly spread 2 TBSP olive oil onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cornmeal on top.
Spread out the batter on the cookie sheet to about 1/2 inch thick. Tip: use a wet spatula to help spread this sticky dough.
Cover it and allow to rise for at least an hour*
Remove cover and drizzle 1 TBSP olive oil on top.
Preheat oven to 400
Bake in oven for 15 mins until slightly browned on top and edges are lifted slightly on the parchment. Slightly crunchy top and bottom with a soft middle – that’s what we are going for here!
*You can certainly let it rise longer if you have the time – I didn’t 🙂