These are really simple and yummy! Not too sweet and totally customizable with different jam flavors!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Passive Time n/a
1 1/2 cups Josie’s Best Gluten Free Muffin & More mix
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter or shortening, slightly frozen (or a least very cold)
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup cold water Note: The egg creates a rich, flakey and sturdy crust. If you would like to make this without egg, the crust still will work, all you need to do is sub the egg with 2 TBS of water. Also, if you’re doing a lattice top – we recommend using 1/4 butter and 1/4 shortening.
Use our pie crust recipe
- after it has chilled in the fridge roll out to about 1/8 inch of thickness (about twice as thick as I do for pie crust)
- then cut long strips about 1 inch wide
- spread a good amount of your favorite jam along each strip
- roll the strips up and then slice in half widthwise (so the finished wheels are not so tall)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 mins.