Summer Coffee Cake
Say hello to sunshine and scrumptious Summer coffee cake, all in one bite!
· 3 large peaches, peeled, seed removed and cut into 1 inch chunks
· 4 rhubarb stalks chopped into 1 inch pieces
· Juice of 1 lemon
· ½ cup of sugar
· Pinch of salt
· ¾ cup melted butter (or DF alternative)
· ½ cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup of water
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1 ¼ cup Josie’s Best GF Muffin & More Mix
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tsp baking powder
· ¼ cup coconut oil or butter
· ½ cup Muffin and More Mix
· ½ cup GF Oats (not quick cooking)
· ½ cup brown sugar
· Zest of ½ of a lemon (optional)
Pre Heat oven to 350. Line 8×8 pan with parchment.
Mix all fruit and all filling ingredients together and set aside to let them juice.
For the coffee cake mix all wet ingredients well. In a separate bowl mix Muffin and More mix, salt and baking powder. Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until smooth.
For the topping mix all ingredients well until the oil or butter is evening distributed and mixture resembles a sandy texture.
Pour coffee cake batter into parchment lined pan.
Spoon fruit on top – leaving any juices.
Evenly distribute topping and gently pat into the fruit on the top of the coffee cake.
Bake for about 1 hr. until the middle is firm, fruit juices are bubbling and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow cooling completely before slicing. This is a great make the night before breakfast and is delicious cold from the fridge.
Enjoy + Tag us if you make it! @josiesbestgf