Gluten Free Rocky Road Brownie Recipe
The Bite: First you get a little crackle from the brownie top & toasted mallows. Then you’re hit with fudgy brownie + gooey mallow followed with toasted mallow, a few random crunchy nuts & last layer of brownie! It’s super delicious! Made with Josie’s Best Gluten Free Muffin and More Mix.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- I cup Josie’s Best Muffin & More Mix
- 1/2 cup dutch pressed coco
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts of choice (I used pecans ) ( optional)
- 1 1/2 +1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Add butter, chocolate, and vanilla to a pot on the stove and melt slowly stirring frequently at med/low heat. Once the chocolate is melted remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 10X14 (5 quarts) glass baking dish with parchment(make sure to leave a slight overhang)
- Combine sugars and eggs in a mixer and mix well. Once the chocolate mixture is cool enough add it to the sugar/egg mixture and beat on high speed for 3 mins. It should be slightly bigger when finished.
- Whisk Muffin and More, coco, and salt together and then add to chocolate mixture. Mix until completely combined but don’t overdo it. Fold in nuts (if using)
- Pour batter in and make sure to evenly spread into the pan lined with the parchment paper.
- Bake uncovered for 20 mins. After 20 mins add 1 1/2 cups marshmallows to top. They should sparsely cover the top of the base. Gently press them in with the back of a spoon. Check every 10 mins to make sure the marshmallows aren’t getting too toasty. The entire baking time will be about 40 mins. Start testing at 30 mins. The toothpick should come out with no wet batter, not totally clean but somewhere in between.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the tray for 2 mins. Use the parchment to lift it out of the tray and put on a wire rack. Put additional 1/2 cup of mini mallows on one half of the brownie. Allow to cool for about another 10 mins.
- Cut the half of the brownie that you did not put extra marshmallows on into two quarters (so you can support it fully to move it) place them on top of the other half (on the extra marshmallows). Cool completely, wrap tightly in plastic wrap to store & eat in a day to ensure the best marshmallow texture, Enjoy!