Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe (Made with Muffin & More Mix)
SERVINGS 15-20 COOKIES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME 11-12 MINUTES
PASSIVE TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 cup Josie’s Best GF Muffin and More mix
- ½ cup + 2 TBS natural (not Dutch) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 TBS room temp. butter
- 2 oz room temp. full fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 whole egg room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
**Additional 1/3 cup cane sugar and powdered sugar set aside for dusting.
- Mix ingredients 1-4 (dry) in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugars until well mixed and light – about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add dry mixture to wet slowly, mixing well. This is a sticky batter and you will need to scrape the sides down to make sure it all mixes well. Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
- Scrape sides down into a ball-ish shape – cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours (or Overnight).
- When chilled and ready to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop take 1 TBS sized pieces and roll into tight balls.
- Roll lightly in cane sugar then generously in powdered sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet with several inches in between. I get about a dozen per standard sheet.
- Bake for about 11- 12 minutes. Check at about 9 minutes – if they are not starting to spread, gently shake the tray and then let them finish cooking.
- They will be soft when they first come out but firm up well. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing them and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.