Simple Layered Cake Recipe (Made with Muffin & More Mix)
This is super customizable and a winner every time!
Making a fully homemade cake is a bit of a process but it’s also fun and rewarding .. duh you get cake! I usually make all the elements the night or day before I need the cake done and then assemble the layers and frost day of. It’s really important you let your cake cool completely before you frost it so make sure you give yourself enough time.
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Grease and line bottoms of cake pans with parchment.
3. Beat butter and sugar well until fluffy.
4. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
5. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
6. Add dry to wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated but don’t overdo it.
7. Add even amounts of your batter to the cake pans (I like to do 1 cup at a time into each cake pan to ensure they are even)
8. Bake for about 25 mins until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs. *for double recipe add 10 mins.
Allow to cool slightly before removing from pans – then allow to cool fully on racks before frosting.