Delicious Gluten Free “Fake” Sourdough Bread Boules! This bread never makes it to the next day…. it gets eaten up! It is just so yummy and simple, everyone raves about it! This is a no knead bread with a faster rise, it really tastes like sourdough bread but does not require a starter.
Make the dough:
1. Whisk together the Muffin and More Mix, salt, sugar, and yeast
2. Add very warm water and vinegar
3. Mix with a spatula until just barely mixed- a little lumpy is normal / good
4. Place parchment paper in 3 ramekins
5. Plop the dough in 3 equal parts, into the ramekins
Let it rise:
1. Soak a paper towel in water and place directly on top of the ramekins
2. Cover the ramekins in plastic wrap or with a wet dish towel
3. Put in a warm area and leave it alone for about 4-5 hrs. ** I usually make this around lunch time and its ready for dinner!
1.Preheat oven to 425
2. Remove the plastic wrap/wet dish towel /paper towel on the ramekins
3. Add foil over top the ramekins
4.. Once oven is preheated, place the ramekins inside
5. Bake for about 40 minutes
6. After 40 mins remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 until the top is crusty and gives a hollow sound when you tap on it
7. Remove from the oven and allow to (mostly) cool before slicing
-I like to remove my bread for the top off portion of the cook and place it on a cookie sheet. It creates a little more even crust but you don’t have to.
-If you are in a humid area you don’t’ need to do the wet paper towel.