This is super delicious….the house smelled amazing. Our babysitter said she could smell it from the driveway.
Truth: We could do without pumpkin bread. It just doesn’t do it for us. This does.
There’s a gooeyness here that is pretty heavenly but we think it still counts as breakfast food.
For the Loaf
- 1 ½ cups Muffin and More Mix (240 grams)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon is fine)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large (or 3 small) eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- ½ cup of oil (olive or avocado recommended)
- 1 whole apple, cored and grated
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Pre heat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with cooking oil (my loaf pan is 9×5 with 2 ¾ depth)
Mix Muffin & More, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spice together- set aside.
Mix Sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and oil together- whisk well
Add grated apple to the liquid mixture and add to the dry mixture
Mix just until there are no streaks of flour left.
Pour the batter in loaf pan.
Toss the topping apple with the sugar and cinnamon and arrange on top
Cook for 55-60 mins until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.